Re: [seul-edu] wine compatibility database

Les Richardson wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> I will need a list of the required fields in the database to start.
>
> Also, how much information is available for each application and in what
> format.
>
> Les Richardson

A * marks fields that apply to this software but are added on a per-user
basis, so that multiple people can comment on the same software
independently.

I think we'll need:

Name of software

*Version of software

description of software

publisher of software

*general rating of software (usability, usefulness in classroom, etc)

average general rating of software

*rating of how well the software works under wine

*what platform(s) it is supposed to run on (Win 3.1, 9x, NT/2K/XP, DOS, etc)

*what platform(s) it was tested on (Red Hat x.x, Debian x.x, etc)

*what version(s) of wine it was tested on

*what package(s) of wine it was tested on

*name of person testing/rating software (can be anonymous)

*a large text field on how to get the software working under wine
(installation tricks, etc), as well as tips and tricks to work around
display bugs and the like.

--
Matt Drew
Red Hat, Inc