[seul-edu] [Fwd: Re: Praise for GenChemLab]

I'm forwarding this to these lists because I think it's a good example of how useful positive feedback is in encouraging project maintainers to continue work on their applications.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Praise for GenChemLab
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:00:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bryan Herger <gte067k@mail.gatech.edu>
To: Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net>

Wow, I never guessed I would get such positive feedback from this program.
The experiments I picked were based on my experience teaching general
chemistry lab here, mainly in response to frustration with doing
experiments in an actual lab with freshmen, so I'm happy to hear people
are using it, especially at the K-12 level. I posted a new version today
that includes a spectrophotometry experiment, but only on Freshmeat and
SourceForge. Is there a site for educational software?

(Sorry for the delay in responding -- I'm teaching organic synthesis lab
and supervising undergarduate research this summer, and I'm supposed to be
working on my dissertation too :)

Bryan Herger
School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Georgia Institute of Technology