Re: First in a series

Retired programmer. In 25 years one writes a lot of code. Will need to get
familar with some of the newer stuff. For something different I rebuilt 3
houses. I grew up in an environment of self educated people. Learning was
important and has become a life long endeavor. For one to be truly educated
requires access to an incredible quantity of up to date information. The cost
of this access is prohibitive. I came across Richard Stallman and the Free
Software Foundation 6 or 7 years ago. I saw the connection between free
software and free education. For the last 6 years I've been thinking about how
to accomplish this task. For the past year I've been making myself
knowledgeable about the Linux movement. As I sit here I can see how all the
pieces fit together. It's going to happen because I'm going to make it happen.

Bob