Re: [seul-edu] lessonstop.org

Doug Loss <dloss@csrlink.net> mentioned :

>> Just recently, I happened to a site that carries
>> various kinds of lesson plans on the web.
>> It's at http://lessonstop.org.

>> A lot of the lesson plans involve K-12, and since
>> both the SEUL-EDU and OC_Developers lists are
>> involved in producing quality educational (opensourced)
>> softwares, I think it might be a good idea if
>> someone from either (or both) list(s) gets in
>> touch with the people behind lessonstop.org, and/or
>> those who offer the various lesson plans on the web.

>I took a look at this, and I can't quite see
>how we can use this in what we're doing.
>But then, I'm not a teacher and probably don't
>fully understand how these lesson plans are
>to be used.  Could some of you who _are_ teachers
>take a look at this and give us your informed opinions?

Sorry if my message wasn't clear enough on the first try.

Before I begin, I must tell you that I am not a teacher either.

My thinking on this matter goes like this:

The SEUL-EDU project was organized to produce quality educational (opensourced)
softwares to aid those involved in the teaching process, - the teachers _and_
the students, - and, it should be obvious to many of us, - teachers or
non-teachers alike, - to know that the more teachers get involve in projects
such as SEUL-EDU, the more feedbacks you may get from people who are in the
"frontline" of the teaching profession.

	PLUS, the more teachers get to know you folks,
	more of them will use the softwares that you have
	produced.

Isn't that a win-win situation for all parties?

What I have seen from the lessonstop.org, - and thanks to Mr. Vernier for
pointing out www.irt.org, - is that there _are_ people out there who wants to
help teachers to teach more effectively, and they _are_ helping out by producing
various lesson-plans and all the other wonderful stuffs.

If people from the SEUL-EDU can get in touch with those people who produces all
the teaching-aids, maybe, - just maybe, - they can incorporate what you have
produced in their future lesson-plans.

	I mean, there must be THOUSANDS of teachers out
	there who have NOT heard of the SEUL-EDU project,
	yet.

	What's more better if you guys can "use" the
	"lesson-plan people" as _intermediaries_ to
	bridge you and those thousands of teachers
	who otherwise would not have heard of the
	wonderful things that you have done for them?

After all, the baseline for people on the SEUL-EDU list, the teachers, and all
those who put in much efforts to aid the teachers, is the same -

	All of you want to help the _STUDENTS_ to
	excel on their education.

Why not SEUL-EDU organizes a plan to work with people from other segments of the
teaching profession?