Re: [seul-edu] Users Changing their Passwords over web?

Hi Daniel,

Sounds useful, but at the moment I am not using NIS -- I
assume this is a requirement for yppasswd.  Although I
am considering playing with it soon.  Can you tell me
more about the configuration?

Out of curriosity -- why aren't you using poppassd?  I
recently learned out it -- I feel kind of stupid for not
even knowing of it's existence since it apparently works
with Eudora too -- but anyway -- it seems like it is
designed just for remote passwd changes.

o Has anyone written a web cgi script for poppassd?
Anyone with any experience with it?
o I also recently read someone's idea to set the user's
shell account to /usr/bin/passwd --  how good or bad is
that idea?
o Where did you get the java ssh client applet?  That
would help me with the macs!  That is great.  Is it GPL?
o Do you have an easy way for users to do email
forwarding?
o The web form for ftp sounds like it would be very
helpful to use too.  (Can it (un)/tar or (un)/zip
files?  That would allow users to backup their files!)

Thanks for you input.

Bill

If you find this message objectionable
or of questionable authenticity please