Re: [seul-edu] ebook readers and other such devices...

Mark Dalton wrote:

> I would be a little concerned, about the 'Open eBook' project since it seems to
> be run by corporations like M$:
>         http://www.openebook.org/

I understand what you're saying.  I like the idea of trying to take Open
eBook and keep it from being proprietized, though.  That's why I'm
asking about transformation tools rather than recommending that we just
markup everything in OEB format.  I know that sgmltools can do
transformations, as that's how the Linux Documentation Project creates
all the versions of their HOWTOs.  I wonder if it would just be a matter
of feeding sgmltools the OEB DTD and mapping tags from the source DTD to
ones in the OEB DTD.  If so, supporting OEB shouldn't be too difficult
and would be worth pursuing, I think.