[seul-edu] Open Source Education Project

Eric,

 I hope you get the chance to read this. I'm writing to you because of a
personal project I hope to start or merge with the SEUL-edu group. My
project outline of ideas is at http://linuxlots.com/~ajcody . It's still
an outline so excuse the mess.
 I was hoping to wait awhile to contact you and then to have someone
from seul-edu do that as a message from the group. But I came across
http://eldred.ne.mediaone.net/support.html and on the site they
reference the objections the opensource (tm)  advocates had against
their project and that it wasn't within the open source ideals. Why?
Because their cause is documentation and books?
 I assume it was. I would like to know why there would be a line draw
between books and application source code. In my project goals; I would
like to say a math book from 1890 is "opensource (tm)" and you can read
it , spread it, and so forth. But you may also take the content and
splice it up so one can use a Zope application server to push out math
applications to children. Books and their content can make their way
into applications. We need a way to integrate them by a license I
believe or have opensource.org become clearer on the subject and include
documentation projects as well.
 I'll stop here until I can get some feedback or if you want to post to
the seul-edu mailing list to get a better discussion going.

Thanks for your time and especially all your great work,

Adam Cody

Simple End User Linux - Education
http://www.seul.org/edu/