Re: [seul-edu] Re: home-schooling thread

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Adam Cody wrote:

> On the issue about a "standard" news release form to have I would also
> like to bring up another needed item. There's about 40 people or
> projects that I have that I believe would be willing to help or are
> already doing the same thing as us. What would be nice to have is an
> "invitation to participate" that I could email them that explained our
> goals and that we believe we could work together achieving more. This
> way the email would have our links, mailing list, contact info, andwould
> be standarized. I'll end it there, everyone should get what I mean by
> this.

I agree with Roger that it's probably best to start with the standard
information file mailed to the mailing list at the beginning of each month as a
jumping-off point for such a form.  Work with that, modify and amplify it as seems
appropriate, and post the change here for us all to look at.  We'll give our comments
(probably mostly cogent) and I suspect we'll quickly come to an agreement on the
form.

I appreciate the message you sent to Eric Raymond.  Don't feel affronted if he
doesn't respond, though.  Eric's very busy and often doesn't get to do things
he'd dearly like to.  I've known Eric casually for some years, and I occasionally
try to convince him to come to Gettysburg (an American Civil War battlefield and
national park) with some history buff friends, or to take part in a science
fiction seminar I help to run, but he always has to bow out because of unbreakable
committments.  If he does get back to you personally, you should feel pleasantly
surprised; it doesn't happen often.

--
Doug Loss            Always acknowledge a fault.  This will throw
dloss@suscom.net     those in authority off their guard and give