[seul-edu] Software packages for SEUL CDROM

Bill Ries-Knight, Roger Dingledine, and I have put together a
webpage <http://www.linuxhelpers.net/seul/cdrom/seul_cdrom.html>
listing all the downloadable packages for all the educational
and SEUL-associated projects that we could find.  We want to
make a SEUL (or would it be SEUL/edu?) CDROM of all these apps,
and make them as easy to install as possible.  That means that
we'll need to have each app available in .tgz, .rpm, and .deb
formats.

We still have a bit of work to do on the page.  For example,
it's a static page, with listings but no links.  We'll work on
it.  What we'd like to encourage people to do is to help us with
the packaging of these apps.  Ben Armstrong, could you and the
Debian-jr folks help here?  You may even already have some of
these in .deb form without us knowing.  For the rest of you,
we'd like to have .rpms and .debs that conform to FHS (the
Hilesystem Hierarchy Standard).  If there are any concerns about
that, post them here.  And consider volunteering to package one
or another app!

--
Doug Loss           The art of medicine consists of amusing the
dloss@suscom.net    patient while nature cures the disease.