Re: [seul-edu] Halloween GNU/Linux CD give-away project

Thanks for the suggestions of the business-card-size bootable/rescue
CDROM, Emilio, and for the suggestion of the TINY distro, Doug.

Both will be considered, and certainly offer inspiration, though
Debian GNU/Linux is the fore-runner for the cause.

Michael Ahlers made a point, that it might be good to give out a CD that
would auto-boot GNU/Linux, by loading it into memory.

+ What are the logistics of burning a GNU/linux CD that loads the OS upon
    boot (into RAM)? Is it possible to fit all necessary data on a CD?

+ Can you brainstorm ideas on the pros/cons of the RAM-boot -versus- the
    traditional CD full-install?

+ Pros/Cons of giving out free software CDs to trick-or-treaters?

All ideas welcome.

Thanks for your help,

   Karl

Coordinator, Halloween GNU/Linux CD Give-Away Project