[seul-edu] deepfreeze and Gimp

Hi everyone

I saw an answer of Les Richardson talking of DeepFreeze for windows boxes.
We use it too in our schools here, with a Samba server and an account for
each student.

I had some problems installing Gimp on these computers (on windows) since
Gimp creates a folder for each account that logs on that machine. It works
well on Linux, but since on windows computers are "freezed", each time a
student starts Gimp again, it reinstalls all the personnal folder. The
other problem is that we have portable computers and that students
sometimes use computers connected to the network, sometimes not.

I've tried to solve this myself, looking through all the config scripts in
Gimp, without success.

As anyone tried this, an succeeded ?

Benoit St-André
Conseiller pédagogique en technologies de l'information et de la
communication
Animateur,  RÉCIT des Affluents
(450) 492-9400 poste 4536
courriel: benoit.st-andre@fc.csaffluents.qc.ca