Re: [seul-edu] something to review ... CyberSource: Linux vs.Windows Pricing C

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Benoit St-Andre-CSA wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> Actually, that file is quite interesting. It would be a nice idea to make
> the same review with educational pricing, including Novell solutions
> (which are very common in Quebec).

I can handle most of the novell comparisions... Unfortuantly I am a little
short on time to write it, but if any one wants snipets for it, let me
know...  I have done one heck of a lot of novell work over the past 7
years, along with Linux/Novell integration.

> Are educational prices the same around the world ? (meaning, the
> difference between commercial and educationnal...)

Probably not.  Heck the state of arizona is trying to put all MS licensing
thru the state since they are scared to death that the new licensing
policies will up their costs over 64% this year alone.  I personaly feel
that MS/Novell/etc cuts a deal with each institution based on assesed
abilities to pay...

			Harry

--
Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder