[seul-edu] Gnumeric-on-Linux wins a mathematician's heart

Quoting from the comments attached to:
http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,44531,FF.html

Linux Mathematics

    I'm a math/CS professor at a small college. I already have a Linux
    box in my office and will be putting Linux on my laptop over
    Christmas (dual boot w. WinXP). Gnumeric is a GREAT spreadsheet
    (even has built-in number theory functions!) and Linux has all
    those free compilers... and it's free. So a perfect match for an
    underfunded college math/CS department.

Cheers; Leon