Re: [seul-edu] RE: Advertise our schools on FindASchool.org

For those of you who may not know, General Education Online is a database
of higher educational facilities which have an online presence.  At last
count, we had exceeded 8,200 entries, and expected to reach 10,000 entries
within the next year or two.
At 04:47 PM 11/25/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello Michael
>I've read the messages and I'm still trying to sort out your goal of
>'providing content to the GEO db'. Presumably you're looking for a list
>of schools? Am I correct?
Not so much "looking for a list of schools" as looking for places to locate
additional entries for the career colleges, medical schools, and law
schools categories (so that I can flesh them out).

> What is in the currect db now?
Over 8,200 entries are in the current database -- comprising higher
education facilities from over 180 countries and territories around the
world.  The project has been ongoing since October of 1995.

 What is the
>goal for the db?

The goal for the web application called General Education Online is to
provide an open-resource for high school level students, researchers,
educators, and others worldwide.  GEO is relatively well-established
already -- passing 2 million web site hits for the current year almost 2
weeks ago.  GEO also has several strong partnership or partnership-like
arrangements in place (seul's sponsorship, member of schoolforge, and the
US Department of Education), so the current one being discussed won't make
or break GEO.

> Is there a format that you need?

If this is an offer of content for that section, we can work with almost
anything.  If thats the case, send me a private e-mail to
mviron@findaschool.org, and we can figure out what format you can provide
that we can most easily work with.

Michael

--