(FWD) Re: [seul-edu] Using graphics in Linux

----- Forwarded message from owner-seul-edu@seul.org -----

From: Jean-Pierre Demailly <Jean-Pierre.Demailly@ujf-grenoble.fr>
Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Using graphics in Linux
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:27:38 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: prentice@instruction.com,
        demailly@rossini.ujf-grenoble.fr (Jean-Pierre Demailly)

> All,
>     Does anybody know a program that either filters or converts wmf vector images into a form usable by Linux? Most of the commercial clipart packages I've seen come in the wmf format. FrameMaker doesn't speak wmf. Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Dave Prentice
> prentice@instruction.com

There's the libwmf library (currently in version 0.1.19), which comes along
with Caolan McNamara' WordView filter, check:

http://www.wvWare.com/
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~caolan/docs/libwmf.html

Jean-Pierre Demailly
(Maintainer of the Compil'Edux FTP site for open source educational software,
 ftp://ftp.ac-grenoble.fr/ge )

----- End forwarded message -----