Re: [seul-edu] Re: Student Information Standard (EduML)

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Bruno Vernier wrote:

> Here is what I have gleaned in 2 years of work and reflection on this topic:
>
> 1. There are only 2 meta-standards worth discussing for medium to large
> applications: SQL and XML.  Both of them are becoming extremely important

I have only one thing to say. I don't know any educative piece
of software written in SQL or XML.

SQL/XML seems hard for GPL'ed projects, specially for
education.
SQL/XML seems utopia for commercial educative projects.

Anyway take my opinion with a grain of salt.

---
MGA