Re: [seul-edu] Alternatives to NIS

What is recommended for those of us with an open network that encourages labtops
-- in fact I have quite a few kids who have borrowed various version of Linux CD
to install on their own computers.  Although none to my knowledge have gotten
Linux on a laptop (they all seem to have driver problems).

Is NIS+ what's considered the "secure and frustrating" option?  I was under the
impression that NIS+ didn't really work properly on Linux.  Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Bill T.