[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] looking for fonts for teaching handwriting]

owner-seul-edu@seul.org wrote:

> From: "Kyle Hutson" <smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us>
> To: seul-edu@seul.org
> Subject: Re: [seul-edu] looking for fonts for teaching handwriting
> > I think the cursive typeface is called "D'Nealian".
> Disclaimer: the only reason I know this is because my son is in
> kindergarten and is learning this right now.
> D'Nealian isn't really a cursive typeface.  It's more like serif'ed
> printing.  e.g. the lower-case letter 'i' is the "normal" printed dot
> and vertical line, but with a little 'tail' at the bottom of the
> vertical line.
> It is how we teach printing in the grade schools in my district.
> --
> Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323
> smyle@rockcreek.k12.ks.us                               785-494-8591
> Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an
>                elaborate plot to take over the world

Doug Loss                 Always do right.  This
Data Network Coordinator  will gratify some people
Bloomsburg University     and astonish the rest.
dloss@bloomu.edu                Mark Twain