RE: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

Title: RE: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

 Staroffice - get the beta for 6 to try it out - the release version should not be far away. www.sun.com/staroffice
-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Miguel Tavora
To: seul-edu@seul.org
Sent: 10/23/01 4:00 PM
Subject: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

Hi there.

I'm kind of new to Linux and I've just joined the seul mailing list.

As an ex-windows user, and someone willing to provid my students
with lecture notes in electronic format, the first question that occured
me was: "which presentation software should I use to produce my
notes?".  In broad terms, I have in mind something that:

- could have some degree of "animation" (not just ps/pdf files);
- could afterwards be accessed in different platforms (mainly windows
          users);
- could easily incorporate (heavy?) math formulas + charts

I guess PowerPoint would do the job but that is out of question :-)

Your advice will certainly be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Luis