Re: [seul-edu] Presentation Software

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 04:00:44PM +0100, Luis Miguel Tavora wrote:

>    As an ex-windows user, and someone willing to provid my students
>    with lecture notes in electronic format, the first question that
>    occured to me was: "which presentation software should I use to
>    produce my notes?".  In broad terms, I have in mind something that:
>
>    - could have some degree of "animation" (not just ps/pdf files);

Actually, pdf files can emulate simple step by step  animation, and they
can even include an external .mov file (but you have to distribute the
.mov files with the pdf file, it cannot be contained in the same file).

>    - could afterwards be accessed in different platforms (mainly
>    windows users);

pdf would work.

>    - could easily incorporate (heavy?) math formulas + charts

If you produce pdf with pdftex or tex + dvips + pstopdf, you can have
all the formulas you want.

Here are some links:

1) I just ran into this last week, and was waiting for an opportunity to
post it here: http://www.miwie.org/presentations/

2) The AcroTeX website: http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/acrotex.html

3) Context: http://www.ntg.nl/context/

--
Jan Hlavacek                                            (219) 434-7566
Department of Mathematics                             Jhlavacek@sf.edu