Re: [seul-edu] Apps that have passed ISO Phase 2

Here is the status, to the best of my knowledge, of the packages already
in Phase 3 with respect to Debian:

Package		Woody Sarge Sid		ITP	Comments
-------		----- ----- ---		---	--------
Xplns		no    no    no		n/a	(not a candidate--licensing)
kdict		yes   yes   yes		n/a
kmuser		no    no    no		no
Koha		no    no    no		no
gperiodic	yes   yes   yes		n/a
Translation	no    no    no		no
Dictation	no    no    no		no
WeBWorK		no    no    no		no	http://webwork.math.rochester.edu/ (licensing?)
SquidGuard	yes   yes   yes		n/a
DansGuardian	no    yes   yes		n/a
OpenOffice	no    no    no[0]	74715
AUC		no    no    no		101775
Learning Logic	no    no    no		no	(commercial?)
abiword		yes   yes   yes		n/a
gnumeric	yes   yes   yes		n/a
kmLinux		no    no    no		n/a	(not a candidate--full Linux distribution)
MyPHPSchool	no    no    no		no
QCad		yes   yes   yes		n/a
gnuplot		yes   yes   yes		n/a	([1]freeware--freely usable and distributable, but not modifiable. Should we include?)
klogic		no    no    no		no
kara		no    no    no		no	http://www.educeth.ch/informatik/karatojava/kara/index.html (license?)
Gravitational Particle Simulator
		no    no    no		no
GtkParticle	no    no    no		no
SciTE		yes   yes   yes		n/a
Karel		no    no    no		n/a
Fle3		no    no    no
Ayam		no    no    no		161664
SoundTracker	yes   yes   yes		n/a
Audacity	yes   yes   yes		n/a
Celestia	yes   yes   yes		n/a
Star Office 6	no    no    no		n/a	(not a candidate--licensing)
KTouch		yes   yes   yes		n/a
GEG		yes   yes   yes		n/a
MrProject	yes   yes   yes		n/a
GIMP		yes   yes   yes		n/a	(already included in standard distributions)
Dia		yes   yes   yes		n/a
Blender		yes   yes   yes		n/a

[0] But unofficial debs are available.  (google for it.)

[1] Eh?  I don't understand this comment.  I see in the license this clause:

 * Permission to modify the software is granted, but not the right to
 * distribute the complete modified source code.  Modifications are to
 * be distributed as patches to the released version.

   So it is fine to distribute modified gnuplot source as patches, which is
   how it is done in Debian.  This package is DFSG free.

See http://packages.debian.org/packagename or
http://packages.qa.debian.org/packagename for brief and detailed (developer)
status of a given package listed above.

See http://bugs.debian.org/###### for RFP/ITP (Request for Package or Intent
to Package) bug#s for bug details, which often tells why a package cannot be
packaged if it has remained unpackaged for some time (e.g. licensing
difficulties).

Ben