[seul-edu] Re: ISO project--a different approach

The CD should have an associated web site that points to updates, HOWTO
documentation (what to do with this CD?), late-breaking applications, the SEUL
app page, and misc other apps (like OpenOffice).

The CD could also have HTML pages on it to make it easy to browse what is on
the CD, and link to other sites like SEUL and Schoolforge, and a package's home.

BTW, many people don't know what the heck an "ISO" is. Suggest just calling it
"Ed CD". And I would plan on having some kind of version number for the CD so
that sys admins giving advice over the phone can be specific about file names,
etc. Could be just #1, #2, ...

A version number (or date) could also be used to show people what apps have
changed since they got their CD.

-Doug

--
Douglas S. Blank,       Assistant Professor
dblank@brynmawr.edu,          (610)526-6501