[seul-edu] Re: [school-discuss] Linux 101

On 28 Oct 2002 at 12:55, Michael Williams wrote:

> I've been tapped to do an Intro to Linux continuing ed class at
the our
> local community college and I need to put it together by January.
So I'd
> like to start collecting resources now. Has anyone on this list
done this
> already?

*I* haven't, but it has been mentioned on the SEUL list before.
http://seul.org/edu/linux-intro/

> Looks like I'll have a 15 station lab that I'll have to find an
easy way to
> run linux in as they don't want to repartition yet. I'm leaniung
toward
> booting into k12ltsp with floppies but there is also a case for
one of those
> distro's that run under windows...any suggestions?

I think the LTSP concept is perfect for your situation - no need to
introduce the Windows bugginess to those learning Linux (IMHO, of
course).

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreekschools.org                              785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world