Re: [seul-edu] Slowest Computers and security risks

I was once lernt by a wise man with convincing logic that your
combination of services may be a risky move.  Particularly anything
with your confidential student information (I am assuming that your
MySQL has personal student information) AND web/firewall.  My
understanding is that the danger is due to the proximity of the
services.  Once compromised your Apache or firewall apps could allow
sensitive data to be accessible by unauthorized users.

Jim Aird
CTO, HomeTech Charter School