Re: [seul-edu] thin clients using Linux in the classroom?

On 2002-10-31 14:49:29 +0100 Dennis Daniels <ddaniels@magic.fr>
wrote:

> I point this out because, first I'm not aware of an Open Source,
> thin client server product. And secondly, if there is one, does
> anyone know if it's being used in a public school environment?
>
> Anyone heard of a linux server for thin clients in the Open Source
> world?

The functionality you're talking about is built into Linux from the
start.  You're not aware of such a product because any Linux
installation is capable of this from the start.  Such setups are
being used in schools all over the place.  Take a look at
http://www.k12ltsp.org for a start.  Also, try doing a search on
Google for "Linux XTerminals schools" and see what comes up.

Doug Loss
dloss@seul.org