Re: Bible study software

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

> I just saw this on freshmeat.net:
>
> <http://bibletime.on.openprojects.net/>
>
> It's a "bible study tool available for Linux ".  I don't know of any
> similar tools for other scriptures, or if this program would work
> against a different data file.  I'm not inclined to ask the authors that
> question, as I'm afraid it would be heard as asking them to promote
> religions other than their own.  Still, Bible study is a valid
> educational field and would be useful in parochial schools.

I've been following this project, it uses the SWORD engine that you posted
earlier. The development is undertandably slow but it does support a
variety of different data formats and works in a modular way. There have
been requests for SWORD and other projects to support a wide variety of
theological texts, so it should be adaptable to a number of different
situations.

Now I sound like an expert, uhoh :)

--
Michael Hamblin            http://www.utdallas.edu/~michaelh/