Re: My gradebook for Linux

As I am Intel Products Dealer and a Microsoft OEM System Builder for a living...

We are given a roadmap that shows where the new products are going and we have to
spec from there.  Three things come to mind...

Profits are better on higher cost hardware amd rewards through incentives move us
that way.
.
As the market changes over time, lower power cpu's disappear from the channel
(primary source for LEGIT product) and a fall spec cannot be fulfilled in the
spring (has to do with district contract language to bid) causing peanut counters
to freak.

Competitive bidding against the Sunday Inserts.  The machines in the Ofiice Store
and Home Electronic Stores ahve a certain amount of Jazz that makes the district
people want us to bid against them.
>>>  MORE POWER, ungh, ungh, grunt, grunt, MORE POWER, gotta have MORE POWER.  <<<

There is the reality that as more BloatWare hits the market, it takes more
hardware to make it run faster.  For this we have to thank the GODS of bloatware
from Redmond Washington.  I will admit, 128 mb is smoother with Windows NT than is
32 mb.
What we need to do is  "avoid the bloat" as products are developed.  By urging
development under "C"  rather than "Tools" akin to Visual Basic (Primary source of
Bloat, IMHO) we can keep apps lean and FAST.

I ramble.

Bill