Re: Database for Software List

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Trevor & Ellen Witt wrote:

I don't know if this is going to be a "real" database, but if it was, you
could do a field for each gradelevel, and make it a yes/no for each

So you have in the database:

Program name:
Discription:
field of interest: (ie science, math, lit, etc).
grade1: yes
grade2: yes
grade3: yes
grade4: no
grade5: no
grade6: no
grade7: no
grade8: no
grade9: no
grade10: no
grade11: no
grade12: no
grade13: (does ontario still have grade 13?) no

That way you can set your query up so that it checks for scince programs
for grades 3,4,5,6 (have check boxes in the search form).

It would also be possible to organize the database with a single grade
field, something like grades: 1,2,3, but it think it would be worth the
space to make it a yes/no and an individual field for each.

This was if a teacher thinks his/her third graders are rather advanced,
they can search for 3,4,5 (or a 5th grade teacher can search for 4,5,6 if
they want a little on each side).

It might also be worth while to include in the database (not the front end
yet) several international rating systems, that way they can be added
easily at a latter date.

			Harry