Re: [seul-edu] Using free software after school or at home foreducation

Hi Hilaire,

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

-->Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 23:37:56 +0800 (CST)
-->From: Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire@ofset.org>
-->To: Seul Edu <seul-edu@seul.org>
-->Subject: [seul-edu] Using free software after school or at home for education
-->
-->Hi folks,
-->
-->I was wondering if parents on the list use free software with/for
-->their kids to help them in education prupose.

Yes, and am trying to build more with the kidsgames project.  Kids are 4
and 6.

--> If so I will be very
-->interested - I'm a parent too - to know how sucessfull they were and
-->how they use the software and computer.

Not as successful as I would like.

Some success with the following
	email (pine)
	web browsing (netscape)
	gnomekiss
	linux letters and numbers
	gcompris
	hangman
	dict

there are more, but I'm too tired to think of them at the moment.

-->  Actually my son is 2 years
-->old and he's very found of computer but well I don't like him to use
-->that so early.
-->

:)

Jeff