Re: (FWD) Re: [seul-edu] Comprehensive Student Management System

At 08:58 PM 9/6/00 EDT, Douglas Loss wrote:
>I agree with what you wrote, but only want to reply about the
>name.  No boring names!  Let's come up with something memorable.
> Let's see, a student management system should keep track of how
>a student is doing in grades, attendance, discipline, etc., and
>should be able to flag potential problems for attention.  How
>about naming it "Mentor"?  Or maybe "Headmaster".  Or maybe
>something to do with recording data.  How about "Amanuensis"?

If you're *sure* you want memorable, there's always ...

        Legree
        Ratchett
        O'Brien

... or, if those are too obscure (I had to look up the last one, myself), an
obvious candidate is "Permanent Record" ... easy to remember, easier to
understand than, say, "Mentor".

Certainly memorable, though probably not the memories you want people to have.

Sorry ... it's been a long, tiring day of coding here ....

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com