Re: [seul-edu] Re: [novalug] Re: FETC - technology and education -- FLA LUGS #3

Karl Pena wrote:

> Doug, I hope this list, from Julia Christianson, helps us get in touch
> with floridian activists...
>
> I am determined to represent the cause in Florida, as much as possible. I
> can co-coordenate a field-trip to FETC 2002, or a late-2001 Florida
> technology event, if anybody knows of such an event.

The list looks good, Karl, but I was thinking about getting educators rather
than just techies.  I have no doubt we can persuade folks from the Linux
community to help out, but I rather suspect that we'll be more successful if
we can have a teacher or two helping to promote Linux and free software.  It
will be a matter of shared experiences and speaking the same language.  For
example, before this group started "PLO" meant only one thing to me, and it
wasn't "programmed learning outcome."  We'll only gain credibility if we know
at least some of the jargon used by the community we're trying to reach.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid