Re: [seul-edu] Re: HELP!

Dave Prentice wrote:

> Bob,
>     I downloaded a firewall script from redhat. However, it tries to do a
> modprobe for three modules: ip_masq_ftp.o, ip_masq_irc.o, and
> ip_masq_raudio.o. None of them are on my system, and I don't know where to
> download them. An internet search gave only an outdated URL. Do you know
> where I can download these drivers, or what package they might be part of?

Dave, remember I have OpenBSD on my firewall. I have never installed a Linux
firewall.
Look at (middle of page).
http://www.ssc.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1
Linux 2.0.x Kernels

Create the file /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall with the following initial SIMPLE
ruleset:

     # rc.firewall - Initial SIMPLE IP Masquerade setup for 2.0.x kernels using
IPFWADM
     #
     # Load all required IP MASQ modules
     #
     #   NOTE:  Only load the IP MASQ modules you need.  All current available
IP MASQ modules
     #          are shown below but are commented out from loading.

     # Needed to initially load modules
     #
     /sbin/depmod -a

     # Supports the proper masquerading of FTP file transfers using the PORT
method
     #
     /sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp

     # Supports the masquerading of RealAudio over UDP.  Without this module,
     #       RealAudio WILL function but in TCP mode.  This can cause a
reduction
     #       in sound quality
     #
     #/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio

     # Supports the masquerading of IRC DCC file transfers
     #
     #/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc

I know I'm not answering your question but I thought I would at least give you
what I've
seen so far and will have to get back to you tomorrow.

Bob