[seul-edu] Re: [seul-edu] Fw: Samba shares don't show in Network Neighborhood

> Why don't my Samba Server shares show in the browse list on my
> MS-Windows 98 clients?

I agree with the previous post about checking the smb.conf
file with a text editor.

If making the shares 'browseable' doesn't work either,
you might try this:

find the Samba machine with the 'find' button,
then copy and paste a new link in the network
neighborhood browse window.

It's a cheesy fix, but it worked for us when we lost
the icon after mapping the samba share to a network
drive. In this case the share was 'browseable' in
smb.conf, but we still couldn't get the icon back.

After installing a newer version of Samba a year later
the problem didn't occur again.

lp