[seul-edu] More open source in NT schools

Just a quick update on what the Education Dept in Australia's Northern
Territory is up to ...

- About 180 Linux based E1 routers are being installed (one in every school in
the territory). Our school already has one, attached to a 400 kbps satellite
downlink (ISDN uplink).

- Around 180 Red Hat LAN servers are being installed. Our school's is being
installed in two weeks.

- Star Office 5.2 is the recommended office suite for all schools.

- Squirrel Mail, an open source PHP web mail package, is the email manager for
all schools.

All this software is being installed as part of the NT Education Department's
LATIS project (Learning and Technology In Schools).

Mick

 --
Michael Hall