RE: [seul-edu] Introducing Self, info request

To the rest of the seul-edu group please accept my apologies while I include
myself in these introductions.  I apologize because I know that this is an
international newsgroup and many of you may not be interested in hearing
from those of us who live in the San Francisco bay area while we introduce
ourselves to each other.

That being said .....

I have been watching this group for over a year and have gleaned a great
deal of useful information.  Unfortunately I have acted primarily as a
silent observer.

I would like to intro myself mainly to Emilio Gerardo Milian because, like
you I also teach an Intro to Linux class here in Santa Rosa.  I teach this
every morning from 8 - 11 five days a week at Empire College, which is a
technical college.  Then in the afternoon and evening I teach Windows 2000
courses. It's a bit like have a dual citizenship: One in the country of the
Penguin and the other in the country of Greed!

Because I teach a night I cannot attend the LUG's in the area - though would
really like to.
Primarily we focus on Red Hat in our class just a an introduction to Linux
and to standardize in some way - but I also have CD's of Caldera, Suse,
Mandrake and encourage them to try those as well.  Sorry - haven't done the
Debian system yet - except for Corel.

In January we will be adding three more Linux courses in order to have a
Linux Certification Program following the Sair certification.  Technical
Colleges are BIG on certifications!

Emilio - if I can be of assistance in any way let me know - I am a
"gatherer" of information for teaching purposes and have built up quite a
library.  By the Way - introduce yourself to Turbolinux.  They are right in
your town and I have found them to be very helpful.  They have supplied us
with complimentary exhibit passes to LinuxWorld the last two years.

To the others in the group that are in the bay area - I would love to find a
way to meet at some point in time.  In fact - I may have seen some of you at
the LinuxWorldExpo, but just didn't know it.

Well - enough talk for now - I welcome your contacts.

Robert Koch (photoman)
gold@sonic.net