[seul-edu] free computing course project

Greetings,

http://itp.innoved.org/wiki/freecourse

I started this project to "scratch an itch." I am part of a non-profit
organization (http://www.el-camino.net) that does work in Colombia. One of
our new goals is to teach computer skills in the rural areas, thus the need
to develop curriculum. I hope others also have an "itch" for materials to
teach general computing skills, but using Linux and other Free Software! I
know it can be done, since I've been using Linux for nearly all of my
computing for the last two years.

The web site uses a wiki, so anybody and everybody can contribute.  You can
log in as "anonymous" with password "anonymous", or you can email me for your
own username and password.

The materials are all covered by the GNU FDL.

The main focus of the course project will be to teach general computing
skills:  productivity and communications software; file management; how a
computer works.

Here is some more description of the project from the site:

    *  It is not training, but education. The knowledge and confidence we
hope to instill with this course will enable the student to understand and
adapt to any computing situation.
    * It is not designed to promote one operating system over all others.
(However, the advantages of Free Software may become evident to participants
in the course.)
    * This is not a course for system administrators.
    * This is not a course presentation in itself, like AUC, Learnloop, and
others. However, the content generated here can be grabbed and placed in
formal course-presentation systems elsewhere.

I've set up a framework, but don't have any actual content yet.

Best regards,

Jeff Nelson