Re: To someone brave enough or just bored.

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: hurricane-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: To someone brave enough or just bored.
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 01:45:57 -0800
From: Erik Walthinsen <omega@router.omegacs.net>

> I'd like to correspond with someone in learning Linux for the purpose of
> then sharing those emails with the general community as a Linux tutorial.

I don't know if someone has already offered, but I'd like to propose
something that might be useful to both of us.  First some background:

I'm a project leader (by myself, currently) for the SEUL (Simple End-User
Linux) Project.  The goal is to create a Linux distribution that could be
used by a home or office user.  To do so, we have to anticipate all the
problems that a home user would want to avoid completely.  The end goal is
a system that can be installed trivially, turned on and used, turned off, and
the user(s) never, *ever* have to think about ugly things like shells and so
on.  For more details (though not enough, yet), check http://www.seul.org/.

What might be useful would be if your process of learning how to run these
types of things were documented, and then used as a source of information for
the project to help learn what exactly it is we need to do, and be able to
apply known cases (i.e. yours) to whether or not we end up doing it right.

If this sounds interesting, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.  You may
find that after a while someone else takes over for me for the most part,
simply because as the leader of the project I have too much other stuff to
do.  I hope that wouldn't be a problem, as we most certainly won't be out of
touch... ;-)

Let me know what you think, and I can see if something can be arranged.

TTYL,
    Omega

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy
===
===