Re: My doubts about Debian choice

Þann 10-Feb-98 skrifar jfm2@club-internet.fr:

> And they let other people use MS world so making Microsoft powerful
> enough to be a threat on the existence of Unix.  In addition I don't
> find this charitable towards sub-human^H^H^H^H^H^H non Unixers and non
> programmers.

  I'll let you in on a secret, but don't let MicroSoft in on that I
told you.

  For development of Software parts, both Operating System and application,
I'll bet that Microsoft itself is using Unix.  Of course, they'll deny it,
and even "take you on a tour, to show you".  But MicroSoft was a previous
holder of Unix license (and I think they still are).  And anyone whose done
any development, that is... bleeding edge development, knows Windows really
suck for that type of usage.  The only area in the development process where
you really need Windows as a platform, is when you make a test, and design
the User interface.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194