Re: seul-pub changes

Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> Marty Jackson (mjackson) is still with us, leading all non-website parts of
> seul-pub.  Simon Waldman is now in charge of the website work.
>
> Simon has been looking through the site over the last 3 or 4 days, and he
> has a list of things that need to be fixed, changed, written, and
> documented.  I'm hoping he'll be able to start doing some serious work on
> the site by this weekend.

Is this a good time to say I'm away this weekend...? ;-)I'll try and think of
the site while battling the high seas on England's south coast. I'll be back
on Sunday, to see how full my mailbox is.

I thought I should give a quick intro to myself, for those who haven't seen
the one I did to the -pub group.
I'm British, currently working for a gap year before starting at university to
study Physics. I'm a dos veteren but a Linux newbie who's just gone through
the trauma of getting Red Hat working enough to use PPP (no, I must confess I
enjoyed it really). Hence I see the need for SEUL, and want to support it. So
I'm probably towards the upper end of the intended SEUL user spectrum.

Websites: I have experience, but it is not vast - I've certainly never
attempted anything on this scale before. From the technical perspective, I
know HTML, but no scripting languages - I could learn if necessary, but I
doubt that it will be.

Obviously with work I have limited time, like anybody here, but I hope that
what I have will be sufficient to keep on top of this.

Cheers,
-Simon

Simon Waldman            email:  swaldman@bigfoot.com
Surrey, England.                 swaldman@seul.org
SEUL : Simple End-User Linux     http://www.seul.org
'Face' on Mars proved to be optical illusion; NASA now
                    investigating 'vase' on Mars.

===
===