[Fwd: Help status.]

Yet another attempt at sending. (see Forwarded
message of mine below.)

I have not seen anything happenning lately.
Is anyone ready for something to happen.
Are we going to announce the lists soon?
Should I announce any of the help stuff just to
show that some work is happenning?

Note that the following is slightly out
of date since I have been trying to send this
for a week (or two!) I have some suggestions on
the following to continue, but I would
appreciate some sort of input on the following:

1. Should this be announced to the mailing list
   anytime soon?

2. Is anyone expecting progress to continue soon,
   and are there any meetings in the works?

3. Is anyone out there?

See ya,

Ken...

Two Ducks wrote:

> Hey there. I know it has been a long time in coming, but
> after many false starts and a wedding or two I finally
> have something to show.
>
> What I will present to you is two things:
>
> 1. An image of the main help window doing it's stuff.
> 2. A to do list of the work in progress.
>
> As usual I would appreciate any feedback, including stuff
> that should be on the to do list that is not.
>
> Note that anything that is complete has a star next to it,
> instead of the regular bullet.
>
> The image may be found at:
>    http://www.globalserve.net/~twoducks/img1.gif
>
> Note that the steps which will follow now in order are:
>   1. Finish API and command line access to API (and command
>      line to help as a concequence.)
>   2. History and document navigation functions.
>   3. Default help pages and page locations (Initial help page and
> contents/index.)
>
> Below is a more detailed but less understandable list.
>
> Thanks for any help/feedback.
>
> Ken
> ------------------------------
> I. Coding
> =========
>
>   a. Main Window
>
>     i.   Graphical Components
>
>       * Main frame
>       * Menu
>       o Quick buttons
>         * Graphical
>         o Graphics with text
>
>     ii.  Interface Components
>
>       o Plugin interface
>         * Interface as fifo pipe
>         * Plugin executed as separate process
>         o Convert plugins to thread implementation (plugins as lib
> files)
>         o Change plugin interface to lib API.
>
>       o External Interface
>         * Main program as executable
>         o Pipe access to main program
>         o API for fifo pipe access to main program
>           o Open specific file
>           o Open topic
>         o Command line help access program
>           * Open specific file
>           o Open topic
>
>     iii. Operations
>
>       * Startup plugin
>       * Open file in plugin
>       * Exit plugin
>       o Start new plugin
>       o Store file history for navigational purposes
>       o Store plugin table for plugin/file matching
>
>   b. Plugins
>
>     i.   Plugin implementation
>
>       o Plugins as processes (normal executables)
>       o Alter plugins to be threads (library files)
>
>     ii.  HTML1.0 plugin
>
>       * Initial process implementation
>
>     iii. Text Plugin
>
>     iv.  SDOC plugin

> [...]