Re: SEUL: Text vs. X

Donovan Rebbechi writes:
> On my machine, the loop of death effects *all* VT's as well as the
> graphic VT.  I end up typing between flashes, not an easy thing to do, to
> login and kill xdm.

That was my experience, except I wasn't able to pull off the "typing
between flashes" part.  I had to hit the big red switch, which is just what
our user will do.  Then she'll turn the machine back on, and it will start
squealing and flashing at her again.  She'll take her machine to the shop
for repair, and be told that there is nothing wrong, "but you could have
ruined your monitor with that Linux crap".

It is important to make sure this *never* happens to a Seul user.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)