Re: SEUL: SEUL duplicating efforts?

Þann 15-Feb-98 skrifar Kevin Forge:
> Much as I hate to admit it.  NT has a more elegant solution.
> Hard Reboot.  then select "WinNT VGA mode" at the boot manager prompt.
> You can then boot up to a basic VGA screen and setup the graphics.

  Just in case you didn't get it, I was describing this "failsafe" of
yours failing.  It's very easy, you just set the timer for selecting
the menu item to "0" (it's normally set to 30 seconds), in which case it will
start the first item on the menu, which is your normal Windows NT desktop
without giving you an oportunity to select anything else...

  You can even edit the registry, and have your computer totally bypass
that ugly Windows NT login screen.  Along with a doezen other things, that
will turn your Windows NT into useless garbage.

> This depends on the X server knowing there is something wrong.  Normally
> when it gets screwed it doesn't even know it.
  Now that's interestings... if you are referring to what we were discussing,
the "loop of death", then please get acquainted with it first.  It happens
just because the X server "knows" it's screwed, and XDM doesn't care if it
is.

Orn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@oehansen.pp.se
                                          oehansen@daimi.aau.dk
                                        voice+fax; +46 035 217194