Re: SEUL: Text editors.

I thought someone here might use some opinions from a Linux newbie. :)  So,
on the editors I used:

Console editors:
ae
This is the editor that comes on Debian's rescue disks.  It's small, fast,
and easy to use.  All the keybindings are on the top of the screen, and cut
& paste are pretty simple.  I used it all the time until I got...

mcedit
This one came with MC 4.0.  It has more features, online help, and can be
used by a mouse.  Cut & paste is like Windows 3.1 (Ctrl-Del, Ctrl-Ins and
Shift-Ins).  Very close to being a replica of edit.com.  I don't know about
its licensing though (I think its GPL)

X editors:
Not much experience here.  I like NEdit, only problem is with its licensing.
KEdit is nice too, but again, it is not truly free.  What editors are they
using for GNOME?  Last time I checked their web site, someone was starting
work on gEdit... might be worth looking into.

Hope this might help,

Roger So    rogerso@spacehunt.ml.org