SEUL: PPP

As a linux newbie, I just discovered my ideal PPP tool - 'cos it acts,
and almost looks, like Win95 DUN. It's called xisp, I found it from
somewhere on www.linux.org. I *think* it's free. Might need to have some
of the more powerful options removed, but otherwise works a dream. All
it is I think is a front end to ppp-on and ppp-off scripts - but I had
it working before I knew that.

Oh, and as for non-root users: simply give set-gid to pppd, chat, the
scripts, and anything else, and have a group of PPP-allowed users.

Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That
way, if he doesn't like what you have to say, it'll be OK because
you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
Simon Waldman            email:  swaldman@bigfoot.com
Surrey, England.                 starburst@jazzandjava.com
Half-dead cat found in box - RSCPA seeks Austrian scientist.