Re: SEUL: Stopping dreams

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > In part it was a general remark: an end user does not need a highly
> > sophisticated editor: the more features it has the heavier it is and
> > the easiest its very "richness" ends confusing the user.
>
> You haven't used it, have you ??? no, it's not confusing at all.

motif = out.
Although for myself I use lots of none free stuff, the law has been laid
down.

> > are easier than others.  Another problem with NEDIT is than we would
> > have to ship a version statically linked against Motif.  That makes a
> > heavy editor just for composing mail.  (I am composing this with Gnu
> > Emacs :-).
>
> It's not a good choice for composing mail. But email programs are another
> subject all together. The standard exmh and tkrat editors are just fine.

Any Email program to be considered must handle all aspects of Email
itself
( or appear to from SEU's point of view ).  When Netscape's mail module
works it's like this,  It sends, receives, reads and composes new mail
in 1 place.  Any SEUL mail program should be an improvement on this
concept.

While we are in communication.  Any suggestions for an all in one
seamless
Fax program ?  By seamless I mean it should pretend to be a PS printer
and pop up a dialog box when you print to it.  It should give the option
for inputting just a phone number and clicking 'send' or selecting from
a built in phone book ( it may have links to a systemwide phone book
instead ).  For receiving it should be configured to listen to the modem
to take incoming faxes and notify the user when it dose ( a little
icon saying "new fax click to vieu" would be good ).
Any candidates ?

--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."