Re: SEUL: Free Enough?

You mean Caldera and Netscape.

Red Hat has a history of shooting from the hip and rushing things out the door
in order to be first.  Quality and integration of their packages seem to come
secondary to ease of install and appearance. They routinely ship broken
software.  Caldera gives their product a much more thourough test before
shipping it.  I suppose for $399 you BETTER test it.  BTW, Caldera Open Linux
Standard is on sale for $99 from Universal CDROM.

On 22-Feb-98 Kevin Forge wrote:
> George Bonser wrote:
>> I think it was long decided that KDE is not going to be the default desktop.
>>
> I am well aware of this fact.  This is precisely why I chose KDE as my
> example.  The rules of SEUL are plain and simple.  They are very close
> to the rules of Debian ( if not the same ).  Just because it is good and
> smooth doesn't make it appropriate.  That is the LAW.
> My suggestion is that someone link up Netscape and RedHat and try to
> produce a kill-all Commercial Linux.
> --
> "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
> backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org