Re: SEUL: hardware detection

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Rick Jones wrote:

> Why are you involved if you "refuse to do extra work because joe user is
> paranoid"?  The purpose of this dis' is to bring those "paranoid" users

Because it's preposterous.  There's a difference from someone who is not
well versed in Unix but wants to try Linux, from someone who believes that
the moon is made of green cheese.  If the user is going to blame linux for
his woes whether linux is responsible or not, there is nothing we can do
for him nor should we try.  "My printer ran out of ink!  It must be
linux." "My god! My credit card got erased! It must be linux."  "I got in
a car accident, it must be linux!"  Frankly, I don't care about such a
user.