Re: SEUL: Re: your mail

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Cyber Link wrote:

> You have veary valid points. Maby we should consider getting some windows
> users on here and getting there opinions as to what thay would like to
> see. There will have to be testing done at some point and a group will be
> needed. But no matter what our end user is defined as we will need a base
> to install from and programs to handle general maintence of the machien.
> When to boils down to it I dont see the end user's worring about anything
> but the front end (the GUI, Configs, Install, etc) along with the apps
> and other user end software. We need a base befor we begin setting up what
> the end users want. Once the base is in place the software group, test
> group (maby), and user input as to the frontend will be needed. Maby I am
> missing something but the Base system must be togeather first, Then the
> nice install front end, then the work on the interface can begin..

I think that it should be easy to tell if something is easy to use or not,
but I might be wrong. Everything should be self-evident without suffocating
advanced users in "If you are right handed, click the mouse button closest
to the keyboard (left button)" messages. Right from the start, we need a
group of people who are willing to test various parts of SEUL as they are
developed - this would include anybody that can be dragged in front of a
computer. This is the best way to get feedback, 'cos us jaded Linuxers might
not spot some of the small points that a complete newbie would be lost with.

--
Thomas Molesworth            (thomas@bass.almac.co.uk)