Re: SEUL: pick, pick, pick

> I think FAT loopback should work for DR-DOS, FreeDOS, PC-DOS, MS-DOS,
> OS/2.  So MicroSoft is not strictly required.
> What about HPFS for OS/2, that Win '95 thing or NT?
True.  Anything with a filesystem that is read-write from Linux works, which
at the moment puts NTFS out of the running.  That should be fixed soon...

> We should careful when we say things like "bad user".  The kind of
> thinking that blames a user for a bad interface or bad fit, can lead to
> bad interfaces.
First of all, it was a joke, and secondly, I agree.  This is why we need
someone with training in UI workin on the project.

> I hear talk of Win 3.1 as "legacy".  I wonder if there are more 3.1 boxes
> than NT boxes still.  I'll bet conversions haven't amounted to very much.
I consider Windoze anything "legacy" in view of the future of Linux.  When
SEUL puts a big dent in M$, eventually taking over (I hope), Windoze truly
will be legacy.  Not just 3.1.

        Erik Walthinsen - Programmer, webmaster, 3D artist, etc.   __
 /  \           omega@sequent.com         Work: (503)578-5314    / /  \
|    | M E G A  omega@aracnet.com         Home: (503)281-4281   / / /\ \
_\  /_          psu12113@odin.cc.pdx.edu  Majoring in CS       / / /\ \ \
Omega Station: http://www.aracnet.com/~omega/                /________\ \ \