Re: SEUL: I think I was batting around the same idea

> Hi... I saw this list-serve, and (as I was considering a similar endevour)
> decided to join... My original project was going to be called DIL ("Drop
> In Linux") ... I was picturing a penguinized pickel as a logo.  (I drew one
> recently... It looked really bad...).  But I think not pooling our effort
> is a but dumb (and since you guys aready have a 2 month old list-serve vs. my
> loosly formed idea) I'm hoping to contribute...
>
> Loren Osborn

I envisioned a pengiun diving off an ice cliff myself.

I'm new here as well, came to the mailing list for the same reason.

Anyway enough Chit Chat. If anyone has available to them the latest
BSDI release please look at it and ask yourself if we want to rip that
off.

For those who don't have the priveldge, the distribution installs
a minimal setup, the kernel, the /usr/bin text and file utilities, and
640x480 16 colour VGA X server.

After rebooting, it comes up in install mode, running netscape, and has
Java based screens to hand hold you through the rest of the install, and
the network configuration.

In reality it took about four times as long to install a BSDI workstation
using the new GUI, rather than vi, but it looked a lot flashier.

						B.T.